Shoulder Impingement Syndrome is a medical condition in which the rotator cuff tendons are compressed and trapped during the shoulder movements. It can cause injury and bursa to shoulder tendons which can result in serious pain and inflammation. There are some overhead activities such as swimming, tennis, painting, and lifting which can result in shoulder impingement syndrome. In this syndrome pain is constant and it increases with physical activities.
If you are suffering from shoulder impingement syndrome from a longer period of time then it can lead to inflammation and bursa to tendons. If proper medical treatment is not given in time then rotator cuff tendons can become thin and tear.
In this article, you will read more about symptoms and treatment for shoulder impingement syndrome. I will also tell you about CBD and its effect on impingement syndrome, so let’s start with symptoms.
Shoulder impingement syndrome: Symptoms
The symptoms start with swelling and tenderness which can extend up to stiffness and limited shoulder movement. Here I will tell you about symptoms related to early stage and symptoms when impingement syndrome takes progressive form.
Symptoms at the early stage
- Pain traveling from shoulder to arm.
- Constant pain while doing daily activities
- Sudden pinching and shooting like pain
- Swelling and redness
- Limited shoulder movement
- Difficulty in lifting the hand
Symptoms at the progressive stage
- Sudden pain at night
- Lack of strength and movement
- Difficulty in activities such as zipping and buttoning
Who suffers from shoulder impingement?
People who are engaged in overhead activities and different sports like weight lifting, golf, swimming, and tennis have more chances of developing shoulder impingement syndrome. If you are involved in an occupation which requires lifting the object overhead then also you are prone to impingement syndrome.
Does CBD help in shoulder impingement syndrome?
Before understanding the effect of CBD over impingement syndrome you have to understand CBD. CBD is a cannabinoid which is found in the different strains of the hemp plants. It is extracted through different processes such as olive oil extraction, dry ice extraction, and CO2 extraction method. Extracted CBD has no strain of THC which means it is completely non-psychoactive in nature.
With the rich in anti-pain and anti-inflammation property, CBD is used for treating different pain conditions. CBD does not limit itself here, it has shown a positive effect in treating different medical conditions such as anxiety, ADHD, cancer, acne, herpes, arthritis, chronic pain, and many more.
In shoulder impingement syndrome you can use CBD pain management balm over the affected area. It will reduce the pain and swelling caused by impingement syndrome. You can also use CBD oil in different food and beverages to reduce the pain and swelling symptoms. You can use CBD topically over the affected area it will help in reducing the stiffness in muscles.
Home remedies for shoulder impingement syndrome
- Apply heat pack or ice pack over the affected area. You can also take a mild hot shower for ten to fifteen minutes which can ease the pain. Applying heat and ice pack lowers the pain and swelling and it also increases the healing process.
- Stretching the muscles that release the tension from shoulder muscles can also help in reducing the symptoms. It also makes tendons and muscles strong which prevent you from future injury.
- Stop all the physical activities that involve the movement of the shoulder.
- If you are going to workplace carry handbag or backpack on one shoulder.
- Try not to sleep on the same side
- Avoid overhead activities
- Have god sitting posture
- Avoid lifting heavy objects with one hand
Conclusion On CBD In Shoulder Impingement Syndrome
Many people ignore the symptoms of impingement syndrome and later they suffer from severe pain and nerve damage. If you ever feel like given symptoms consult the doctor right away. Many people are not able to afford the treatment for impingement syndrome for them CBD has emerged as an affordable alternative for impingement syndrome. In many cases, CBD has shown positive evidence in treating shoulder impingement syndrome.
If you are looking for CBD products then buy them from Thoughtcloud. CBD from Thoughtcloud is organically grown with non-GMO raw material which makes it 100% vegan. All the CBD products have zero strain of THC which makes them useful for low weight people.